Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Computer Critters / Gummi Bears / ALF / Frosted Flakes


Computers are coming your way!
For paying bills?
Mothers too?
Sad to say, I know some people who all these years later, still react like Foxworthy...
But it's true! Once upon a time, computers really were everywhere!


Did anyone ever try to sell us a super-sugary 'Gummi-berry juice' that would make us this hyper and bouncy? I remember riding bikes, heading off on some kind of adventure, and singing this theme song at the top of our lungs.


I've met more than my fair share of people who were confused about what Alf was supposed to be. In the very first episode, Willie makes it perfectly clear: 'It's an ALF -- Alien Life Form.' And yet I've known a lot of people who were convinced that he's some kind of a dog. Sad to say, what most people don't remember is that the military catches ALF in the end, and the Tanners all abandon him in a field!


1. Eat this cereal
2. See a giant talking tiger
3. Suddenly, you're good at sports!
4. Try not to think about what they're frosted with
5. Winners don't do drugs

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I so remember the Gummi Bear show: halfway through, I started singing along... I should use this as a grade 8 lesson in marketing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding, huh? Not that it was a particularly memorable show, but the theme song is now with us forever. I can't even eat gummy bear candy without singing 'Gummi Bears' in my head!

    ReplyDelete